Saturday, March 22, 2014

Back Where I Began - Part 1

After experiencing several therapy sessions and past life regressions over a six month period, I thought I knew where I was going until I ended up where I began. All I can do is smile at the irony of it all.

February 2013, I packed up all my belongings and with my small tax return I set out on a new adventure. Don't get me wrong, at first it was amazing, I had time for myself, I was meditating, doing yoga, journaling, all the things I had wanted to do for so long with little interruption. Only 2 months into my adventure, my eldest son moved close by followed not far behind by my eldest daughter.

I had originally moved to help my sister with her business and a fresh start for me. Not long into my adventure, chaos intruded. We were forced to leave my sisters large 4 bedroom apartment and move into a small 2 bedroom mobile home. I don't know if forced is the right word, but I just played along.


For awhile, my youngest son stayed with my nephew not far from the home I was living. After the elder son moved to be with us, he also stayed with my nephew. Soon followed by my daughter whom had been abandoned by her boyfriend in Casper Wyoming without a cent. This all seemed crazy, but we were making the best of it. Then to no avail, my nephew and his wife separated and he was forced to move out along with, my eldest son, daughter and his new girlfriend.

Somehow they all ended up in our 2 bedroom "mini" mobile home. I had never been so disillusioned in my life.

The business wasn't fairing well either. An amazing little coffee shop with the sitcom "Friends" type theme and positive motivational overtones so one might think, yes success, but that wasn't the case. My sisters health was going down hill and her motivation was depleting. Unable to keep up with the daily pastries,  quiche dishes, and other popular menu items, devoted customers continued to dwindle. I on the other hand was doing my best to maintain things, but many days I ended up a one man team with my sister sound asleep on one of the sofa's.... To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment